I regularly get inquiries about my GoPro helmet mount. Personally, I was looking for a solution that would be as light and handy as possible when mounting a camera. For the GoPro Hero, in my opinion, the best solution is to make your own mount. Its cost is only a few euros.
The solution I got for you has a lot of advantages:
- Robust and lightweight
- Central framing
- Visibility of the camera recording status
- Easy assembly and disassembly without removing the helmet
If you are also looking for a mount that meets these expectations, look no more and do it yourself. None of the available accessories is as good as this one.
- The only thing you will need is to cut out the shape of the template in plexiglass (2-3 mm thick), which I provide below.
You can order this already cut on the Internet for like 2 euros.
- Then heat the sides until the plastic becomes pliable, bend it to fit the profile of the helmet. X.WED 2 is perfect.
Take your time to heat it up. Plastic must become malleable, but does not melt. Use the burner on low power, or use a lighter as a last resort.
Heating should take about a minute.
- Stick a piece of 3M VHB double-sided foam tape to the mount and then to the helmet.
- Now you just need to stick the GoPro pad.
Below I am throwing a video with the GoPro Hero 9 attached in this way.
Your generosity is a great gift to me. If you appreciate my work, I encourage you to donate at least a symbolic PayPal transfer.
Let me know how it went and share your photos; tag @AdvAnywhere on Facebook and Instagram!
Choosing a helmet & know how to size a motorcycle helmet, and especially when it involves one meant for motorcycle riders, isn’t as simple as people often think.
I agree! Thanks!